Episode 693 Show NotesÂ
From the Show
Think of Lydia in Acts 16. Here, we have an example of a working woman, and some commentators note that she was likely a successful business woman. As a seller of purple fabrics and materials, this meant that she was selling fancy and high quality material. She has a family, a house, and she is providing for them. And the scriptures say that she is “faithful.”
Questions in this Episode
- Do Christians have authority over demons?
- I have heard you speak about forgiveness and reconciliation, but I as a former criminal, I have caused an immense amount of harm to others. It would not be wise for me to go to the people I have hurt in the past because my mere presence would these people. How should people like me seek forgiveness?
- How should we discipline our children when they sin?
- Does God still speak to us in our dreams?
- Are Christians required to keep the sabbath?
- My husband and I are losing health insurance through work, and I was just offered a part time job that has health insurance, but the job takes place only during school hours. I have two younger children that my family, who are Christians, can babysit during these hours, but my mother recently told me not to go to work after hearing another pastor say that Christian mothers should only stay home and raise children. What am I to do? Am I being responsible by taking the job? I’ve had cancer issues twice and I’m only 30. Does taking the job mean that I am just not trusting God? Is it going against his word getting into the working field at all?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Want to partner with us in our work here at Core Christianity? Consider becoming a member of the Inner Core.
Core Christianity: Finding Yourself in God’s Story by Michael Horton