Episode 154 Show Notes
Does 1 Timothy 2:12 Prohibit Women From Having Authority Over Men?
From the Show
Can women be managers, CEO's, or become officers in the military?
The women disciples have a very prominent role, very unlike first-century rabbinical circles. And then you also have, in the Old Testament, examples of women being very important figures, even judges in Israel. First of all, we've got to distinguish between the church as an institution founded for a very specific purpose by Christ, founded on the teaching of the apostles, and Oracle, and Amazon, and the United States, and Britain, where you have secular institutions that have absolutely no command from God whatsoever on who can fill those positions. — Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. I often feel "lukewarm." How can I be more on fire for God?
2. I know salvation is by grace through faith, but after a person is saved, what is their situation?
3. If God loves me, why can't I feel it with the five love languages or the five senses?
4. Does 1 Timothy 2:12 mean women should not be managers, CEO's, or become an officer in the military?
5. Does 1 John 2:27 teach that true Christians don’t need pastors?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
What sin is the author to the Hebrews talking about that crucifies Christ again?