Episode 308 Show Notes
From the Show
Jesus has borne our condemnation. We’re forgiven, justified. We’re being renewed inwardly by the Holy Spirit, being conformed to the image of Christ exactly as God promised in Jeremiah 31.
Questions in this Episode
1. I go to a church where people can serve themselves communion. I’m new to this church and I have never been to a church that does this. I did talk to one of the pastors about it and he assured me that it was Biblical, because what mattered was that people were being led by the Spirit to take communion. This still bothers me. Can you tell me what you think about this and provide Biblical support for your view?
2. I was just wondering about prayer. The other day I asked a number of my friends to pray for another friend who is going to have surgery. I realized after I did that that one of my friends is not a Christian, and she actually doesn’t even pray. So, when she replied she just said, “I’ll just hold her close to my heart.” Now I’m wondering, did I goof when I asked her that, or does God honor good thoughts too?
3. What’s the difference between excusing sin and showing grace?
4. Why does God tell Jeremiah that he will not listen when his people call for him?
5. How do we get back to the teachings of the early church?
A Place for Weakness: Preparing Yourself for Suffering by Michael Horton
The Christian Life: A Doctrinal Introduction by Sinclair B. Ferguson
Knowing God by J. I. Packer
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Episode 309 | Dr. Michael Horton and Adriel Sanchez answer questions about the Sabbath, what it means to be created in the image of God, how to...