Episode 777 Show Notes
From the Show
Throughout the Bible, and particularly in Genesis, the word “helper” is often used to describe what God does for his people. God is the one who is the mighty helper of his people. Far from suggesting inferiority, this word is one that God applies to himself.
Questions in this Episode
- I have been reading in Romans 12 about spiritual gifts. Paul seems to say that our spiritual gifts are given in accordance with the amount of faith we have. What does that look like in our lives?
- Does God favor men over women? Seems to me that God created Eve as an afterthought in the creation process and that he created a woman to give to Adam like she was just some kind of object to help alleviate Adam’s boredom.
- What does it mean to pick up our cross and follow after God?
- I am wondering what your thoughts are about Christian heavy hardcore and metal music. Psalm 150 says, “everything that has breath, praise the Lord.” Some bands call this aggressive-worship, but some people think it’s the devil’s music because of all the screaming, etc. What do you think?
- In Mark 4:11-12, Jesus says His speaking in parables is so those “outside” may not understand, otherwise they would turn and be forgiven? Why does He say this? Isn’t God’s will that none should perish?
- Did Jesus go to hell after the crucifixion? And were the people in Abraham’s bosom, were they people who were getting a second chance at salvation?
- Was Jesus Michael the archangel and was he made after Satan? I have a friend who is suggesting this but I can’t find it anywhere in the Bible.
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Want to partner with us in our work here at Core Christianity? Consider becoming a member of the Inner Core.