Episode 551 Show Notes
From the Show
One of the best judges Israel ever had was a woman. Judges chapter 4 talks about Deborah and she was a prophet and a judge. We are told that the people of Israel would go to her for judgment because of her wisdom. I also think of a lot of other women throughout the Old Testament who functioned as prophets who had a powerful and positive effect on Israel. There are clear biblical examples of God blessing his people through some of these female leaders. I think that should call into question any theology that says all women political leaders are a result of God’s judgment.
Questions in this Episode
1. Did the Pharisees reject Jesus because he did not meet what they were expecting or because they did not have the ability to see Him as the Son of God?
2. What happened to the Tree of Life in the garden after the Fall? Did it die, or just go away, what was its significance?
3. Can you go more in detail about Leviticus 19:28? I enjoy getting tattoos, am I sinning?
4. In Isaiah 3:12, it seems to say that God laments that women are ruling over Israel. If this is the case, does it mean that we should lament when women are appointed to positions of political power?
5. The Bible seems to speak of the Sabbath being on the 7th day, Saturday, so why do most Christians worship on Sunday?
The Gospel-Driven Life: Being Good News People in a Bad News World by Michael Horton
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Want to partner with us in our work here at Core Christianity? Consider becoming a member of the Inner Core.