Episode 119 Show Notes
Has Science Proven Christianity Wrong?
From the Show
Has science proven Christianity wrong?
If you try to find either a way of debunking the Bible's incredible view of the cosmos, or try to find evidence for the Bible being right about science, you're going to completely misunderstand what poetry is. Scripture often is talking about the natural world, just as science does, but in a different way. Let me give one example of where science and Christianity in particular really overlap: until Einstein, it was believed that matter is eternal. Only in the 20th century has that been refuted. And how has it been refuted? By Christians getting out there with posters saying, “No, God created the world out of nothing”? No, Hubble was the one who opened the door to that…Virtually, all scientists say that the world came into being at a certain point in time…. What we have to realize is the limited domain of science. Science cannot tell us whether there is a God. But, everything that science discovers about the limited nature of this cosmos, as well as its design, show that it couldn't have come about by mere chance. — Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. What do you wish people understood about the Bible?
2. If following God leads to a blessed life, how do you explain the reality that there are Christians enduring persecution with no sign of blessings?
3. How Christians can trust God's promises without being discouraged when prayers aren’t
4. Why does the Bible call the church the bride of Christ?
5. Has science proven Christianity wrong?
6. To be born again, do I need to have a powerful conversion experience?
What To Look For When Choosing a Church
7 Spiritual Realities of God's Church
5 Reasons Why Science and Faith Are Compatible
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.