Episode 297 Show Notes
From the Show
The moment you trust in Christ your justified. Your declared righteous. Your rags are taken off and he clothes you in his robes of righteousness. That’s not a process. That’s not something that comes and goes with your faith or with your obedience or your repentance, coming and going rising and falling. When you trust in Christ through faith alone, even the weakest faith clings to the strongest savior, that moment you are declared righteous for all time.
Questions in this Episode
1. As a Christian and person called to ministry, after you have backslidden, how do you get right with God? I feel like the prodigal who has come home but isn't completely right with God and, I worry about this on a daily basis.
2. I was wondering, what’s the difference between having spiritual gifts and just having a general gifting at something in particular? Why isn’t there a larger list of gifts mentioned in the New Testament?
3. The Bible says that there are different acts that will not inherit the kingdom of heaven. Is this referring to the rewards one gets or do certain acts remove one from going to heaven?
4. Is it really possible to have assurance of salvation in this life?
5. How can we read the Bible in a more Christ-centered way?
Putting Amazing Back into Grace: Embracing the Heart of the Gospel by Michael Horton
The Christian Life: A Doctrinal Introduction by Sinclair B. Ferguson
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.