Episode 18 Show Notes
From the Show
How Can We Rejoice In Heaven While People We Love Suffer in Hell?
Scripture speaks of hell and everlasting judgment. In fact, the lion's share of those passages come from the lips of Jesus. But there's no indication, Richard, that we're aware of anything but the joy of fellowship with the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit and with the communion of saints forever in the Land of Peace and righteousness. Regardless of that, we know that the door is still wide open now, and that our good and sovereign God hears our prayers and he answers them and he uses our witness and the witness of others to bring them to the Savior. So let's never give up on our loved ones and friends coming to embrace Christ and joining us in that everlasting feast. —Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. The Bible presents heaven as a place without sadness, pain, or suffering. How will this be true if I also know that people, even some of the people I love, will be in hell?
2. How can I get over my dislike for worship?
3. Where in Scripture does it teach that praying to Mary isn’t right?
4. “My auntie suffers from a terrible back problem and I prayed that the demon of pain would leave her. I even fasted. But it didn't work. What should she do?”
5. How am I supposed to model myself after David if he did these horrible things?
6. What do you think about an entrepreneur as a career path? Do you think that this can potentially be a Christ-honoring path?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.