Episode 410 Show Notes
From the Show
Saul had already set his face against David when he heard the women singing Saul has struck down his thousands but David his ten thousands. From that moment on, we're told, Saul became David's jealous enemy. So we're not talking about Saul as a good guy who suddenly has an evil demon sent to him from God to turn him against David rather its a spirit—or as I'm inclined to take it, the Holy Spirit—sent from God in judgment to torment Saul.
Questions in this Episode
1. What does it mean that we should examine ourselves before communion? If I have unconfessed sin in my life should I not participate?
2. What would you tell someone who is homosexual in relation to their Christianity?
3. “The next day an evil spirit sent from God came powerfully on Saul, and he began to rave inside the palace. David was playing the lyre as usual, but Saul was holding a spear” (1 Samuel 18:10 CSB) What does it mean an evil spirit from God and why?
4. My question is from Colossians 1:21–23. How do I make sense of the word "if?" Is salvation dependent upon us? Can we abandon it?
5. Where does it teach church membership in the Bible?
10 Things You Need to Know About the Bible and Homosexuality by Michael Horton
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Episode 458 | Pastor Adriel Sanchez and Dr. Bill Maier answer questions about being filled with the Spirit, the presence of the dead, the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, and if believers in...
Episode 457 | Pastor Adriel Sanchez and Dr. Bill Maier answer questions about upholding the law, disagreeing with your pastor, how God speaks to us today, the resurrection, and...
Episode 456 | Pastor Adriel Sanchez and Dr. Bill Maier answer questions about whether women shoud wear head coverings, dealing with an abusive realtionship with someone who has a...