Episode 418 Show Notes
From the Show
God's will for your life is simple. He wants you to trust in Christ and pursue the good works that result from a heart that is gripped by the gospel.
Questions in this Episode
1. If you believe in Jesus and you are justified, how can you lose your salvation? This seems like it would be saying that Jesus doesn’t have the power to finish the salvation he started.
2. How can Christians go through life with the joy of salvation knowing that they have loved ones with their spouses or children grandchildren parents are not saved and are going to spend a lifetime eternity in hell? How can we reconcile that? How can we go through life joyously as a believer knowing that we have loved ones that are not saved and are going to be in hell for eternity? I myself have a hard time dealing with this knowing that I have family members that are not saved and will be going to hell and I just cannot come to terms with this.
3. I really believe in striving to lead a holy life but the more I strive the more I realize that I can’t do what I want to do. I have heard people say that we need to rely on the Holy Spirit. How do we do this? And how does our striving for holiness fit with our relying on the Holy Spirit?
4. What does Jesus mean in Luke 10 when Jesus says that he saw Satan fall like lighting from heaven. Is he talking about a time before Adam and Eve where in the garden? Can you explain the fall of Satan and what that means for us today?
5. How should I go about finding God’s perfect will for my life? I know that I could do a lot of things in life, but I tend to worry that I am going to settle for something less than God’s best. Thanks for any advice you have.
Ordinary: Sustainable Faith in a Radical, Restless World by Michael Horton
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.