Episode 405 Show Notes
From the Show
God is a spirit, infinite, eternal, unchangeable. When we talk about God, God doesn't have a body. The second person of the God head, the Son, the Word, was made flesh (John 1:14). He took flesh from the womb of the virgin Mary so that he might redeem us. And the Scriptures do speak of us seeing him face-to-face.
Questions in this Episode
1. I'm a new believer. Jesus came from heaven to come down to be on earth did he know he was going to be resurrected and go back to heaven or did he come down only thinking he was going to die?
2. What should I do when my joy and passion to read the Bible has faded?
3. This week I was reading the Bible looking for answers. I have been struggling with ongoing sin. I struggle with lust. I came across a passage that gave me some hope of victory but I’m not sure how to apply it. Colossians 1:29, “For this I toil, struggling with all his energy that he powerfully works within me.” How can I see God work powerfully within me in this area of my life?
4. On several episodes you have talked about the difference between the law and the gospel. I’m a bit confused. If we are forgiven does that mean that the law no longer applies to us?
5. How do you understand the great commission? Does the call to go apply to everyone; and what does Jesus mean when he says that he will be with us?
6. I'm Jewish but I'm a believer in Jesus the Messiah. I have always struggled with how Jews were saved before Jesus came. And is there salvation for Jews without Jesus? And I know in revelation it says that he does save a remnant of Israel. Thanks.
The Gospel-Driven Life: Being Good News People in a Bad News World by Michael Horton
Core Christianity: Finding Yourself in God's Story by Michael Horton
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
When I was a kid, I always used to enjoy the “whack a mole” game at the local arcade (yes, we had to go to...