Episode 623 Show Notes
From the Show
I am not saying that we should endure abuse or enable bad behavior, but when someone is difficult to love, we should continue to love them and show them mercy because that is how God loves us.
Questions in this Episode
- 1. Is it a contradiction when it says “faith without works is dead” when faith is a gift and works are things that we do?
2. Lately I have felt a strong call to start fasting, but I do not know much about fasting. How do I draw close to God as I fast and how do I determine how long and how often to fast?
3. In Luke 10, why does Jesus tell Martha to stop serving and to be more like her sister, Mary?
4. In Hebrews 9:7, it speaks about the “unintentional sins of the people,” is there a difference in how God forgives intentional and unintentional sins?
5. What would you say to someone who has suffered a miscarriage and what hope do they have that their child is saved?
6. How do we love people who exploit our kindness and love for them? Should we do everything for such people out of the commandment to love your neighbour as yourself. If not, how do we respond to their demands.
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Want to partner with us in our work here at Core Christianity? Consider becoming a member of the Inner Core.
Core Christianity: Finding Yourself in God’s Story by Michael Horton