Episode 137 Show Notes
How Do We Really Know the Bible is True?
From the Show
Do you have any advice to help me deal with my guilt?
I think that there are a lot of Christian parents who could say they have regrets, the way they've acted, or treated, or parented their kids, I certainly do. I can easily think this past week how I could have done things differently, said things differently. But the difference for you is, you don't have this son to talk to and apologize to and work things out with. That's what's different. Listen to 2nd Samuel 12:23. David lost his son, and his son died, David said, “I might fast and pray that the Lord would keep him alive. But now he's dead, why should I fast, can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he will not return to me.” And I think that's both a mournful and hopeful passage. On one hand, there's this sense that you must feel very deeply, a sense of finality; there's nothing you can do now to change things. On the other hand, David experiences hope, and you should too. Your son, like David’s son, won't return to you, but you will go to him. And in that day, there won't be any regrets. Already he doesn't experience any regrets, he doesn't hold any grudges against you. He is in the presence of the Lord. And we read in Revelation 21:24, “he will wipe away every tear from their eyes and death shall be no more, neither shall there be morning, nor crying, nor pain anymore. For the former things have passed away." — Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. What does it mean when Jesus wept?
2. I know that the Bible teaches that God is loving, but how can I have a better sense that God actually loves me?
3. Do you have any advice to help me deal with my guilt?
4. What should friendships and community look like when you have young children?
5. I have a cousin who doesn’t believe the Bible is true and is always looking to debate me. I always feel like I don’t give him a very good answer when he asks, “How you really know the Bible is true?” Can you help me answer this better?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Are those people who have never heard the Gospel “doomed” because of their ignorance? While judgment is never an easy topic to deal with, for...
We need to be aware of what American culture has become in order to share the gospel effectively.