Episode 44 Show Notes
How Do We Deal With Our Habitual Sins?
From the Show
How often should Christians fast?
Remember when Jesus contrasted the ministry of John [the Baptists] with his own ministry in terms of fasting and mourning, John the Baptist was associated with preparing the way of the Lord by calling people to repentance. It was a ministry of law. And then here, Jesus comes along, the bridegroom is here, it’s gospel. It's good news. He came to preach the Good News of the Kingdom….
We are living in the freedom of the New Covenant where we're not commanded to fast. I may take a couple of days here, or even a day, just to pray and fast and focus myself on the fact that I am seated with Christ in heavenly places. [This is] completely a decision of Christian liberty and you can't impose that on other people. There is no New Testament command for people to fast. — Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. Do we please God more when we choose to obey him?
2. How do you understand our acting in worship?
3. How do I forgive God for allowing my husband to get terminal cancer?
4. Does willful sin threaten a person’s salvation?
5. Do Christians have to forgive those who don’t repent?
6. How often should Christians fast?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.