Episode 169 Show Notes
How Should Christians Resolve Conflicts in the Church?
From the Show
What do you think about listening to non-Christian music?
Well, I think with anything, we have to exercise discernment, don't we? It's really easy to make a rule or break a rule, it’s really easy to be a legalist or an antinomian; a legalist is always kind of thinking, if we just have enough rules, we’ll be fine, we'll live right, and an antinomian says, “no, get rid of all the rules, we’re under grace.” Instead, what we find in Scripture is a little harder than that. Were God doesn't give us explicit commands, we have to exercise discernment and wisdom. Now, he does give us explicit commands, such as, whatever is a good and noble and worthy, think on these things. He does tell us to avoid immorality. So, we have those commands. But that doesn't tell us that if we just don't listen to non-Christian music, we're not going to have those battles. No, I think it depends on what we're listening to and what our heart attitude is as we're listening to it. — Michael Horton
Mike, who's your favorite non-Christian music artist? — Adriel Sanchez
Queen — Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. How should Christians resolve conflicts in the church? Is there a Biblical approach to doing this?
2. Recently I have heard apostle and apostleship used to describe leaders in the current church particularly around church planting and church leadership. Can you clear up my confusion?
3. Why do a lot of churches baptize in the name of the Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit instead of Jesus as in the Book of Acts?
4. How would you encourage a Christian who struggles with the same sins over and over? Also, I would like your thoughts on A.A. I know that they are not a Christian organization but at this point, I’m just trying to get any help I can.
5. What do you think about listening to non-Christian music?
6. John 13:35 says, “By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” This doesn’t seem true of many churches today. Is this evidence of a church that will have its lampstand removed?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Do you feel like you don't "fit in" at church? This might not be such a bad thing...