Episode 83 Show Notes
How to Confess Your Sins to One Another
From the Show
In every case where the person confesses their sins, and the believers, the fellowship of saints announce to him the forgiveness of his sin, he is forgiven. So, not everyone is healed but everyone is forgiven. When it says, “And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick and the Lord will raise him up, there he is talking about the prayer of faith. Trust in Jesus Christ will save us from our sins. Sometimes God will use sickness and even death to draw us closer to himself. But he will always answer the prayer of faith with forgiveness.— Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. I have a college professor that says that God created the world out of pre-existing matter, that God used stuff that already existed to form and shape the world as we know it. I’m a little confused, is this the normal Christian view? What should I believe about how God created the world?
2. What does the Bible means in James 5 when it says, “confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed.”?
3. What does it mean when Christians say that Jesus descended into hell? Does this mean that when Jesus died his soul went to hell? And how does this fit with his words to the thief on the cross “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise”?
4. Hebrews 4 says that Jesus is able to sympathize with us because he was also tempted but did not sin. If Jesus is God, how does it work that he could be tempted and sympathize with us?
5. I know that Jesus was the Son of God, but was Jesus also a prophet? What does the Bible teach about this?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.