Episode 574 Show Notes
From the Show
Something that cults often preach is the message that only they are the ones who are restoring the gospel. They begin by saying that everyone else is wrong, the gospel has been lost, and we are restoring it and bringing the truth back. The reason you know that that is false from the get-go is because Jesus said, “I am going to build my church, and the gates of hell will never prevail against her.”
Questions in this Episode
- 1. A friend of mine recently suggested that my wife and I stop seeing a family therapist that we have been meeting with and instead only receive biblical counseling since it is based on scripture instead of other things. We have found meeting with this therapist really helpful, but are willing to meeting counselors in the church as well, but I am unsure if we had to choose between one or the other.
2. How could Elijah and Enoch ascend into heaven when atonement had not been made yet?
3. What is the difference between begotten and “not made” when referring to Jesus?
4. What is it that makes a Christian cult a cult?
- Tactics: A Game Plan for Discussing Your Christian Convictions by Gregory Koukl
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Want to partner with us in our work here at Core Christianity? Consider becoming a member of the Inner Core.