Episode 537 Show Notes
From the Show
When you sin, John says here in 1 John 2, “you have an advocate with the Father”. In other words, Jesus has not abandoned you. He hasn’t said, “I’m through with you…” No that’s not what he says. He stands on your behalf, and he pleads your case before the Father.
Questions in this Episode
1. Why does Paul say that those who have faith are children of Abraham when Hebrews says Jesus mediates a better covenant than the old one? These seem to me like two opposing attitudes toward the Old Testament. How can I make sense of this?
2. I am a believer, and I’m wondering whether I should have a traditional burial or if I can get cremated when I die? Cremation is much cheaper than a traditional burial, but I know someday I will be resurrected. Will God be angry at me for taking the cheaper option financially? I don’t have an answer when I pray.
3. Approximately when will Christ be returning? In how many years?
4. I accepted Jesus many years ago, but I still sin. How will I make it to heaven when I still sin? I do not always perfectly obey. I am still sinful. What if I am not close enough to God? What if I don’t read my Bible and pray enough; or have enough good works?
5. Is the Kingdom of God something that exists today, or is it something that we are waiting for in the future?
The Future of Everything: Essential Truths About the End Times by William Boekestein
Devoted to God: Blueprints for Sanctification by Sinclair B. Ferguson
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Want to partner with us in our work here at Core Christianity? Consider becoming a member of the Inner Core.