Episode 902 Show Notes
From the Show
A friend once told me that wanting to plant a church just so you can preach is like wanting to get married just so you can have sex. It is a part of what happens in marriage, but it’s not everything. We must be careful that we are not viewing another person as a way to solve the problem of our sin.
Questions in this Episode
- I have children with someone outside of marriage. I am trying to get back into the faith but she is not a believer and we’re not together. What should I do? I have heard from others that we should get married and from others not to try and get married and to try to find a Christian woman instead.
- James 4:3 says, “You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.” I have been praying to God to give me a godly wife to curb my passions in light of 1 Corinthians 7:9, “But if they can not exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than burn with passion.” But James 4:3 seems to imply that God won’t answer my prayer because I seek to fulfill my passion. Is that right?
- My adult children have cut me out of their life. I have cancer and am going through chemotherapy now and I am wondering how I can re-establish those relationships?
- Did David have faith that God would protect him when he faced Goliath?
- Does Jesus prefer a particular political wing or party?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Want to partner with us in our work here at Core Christianity? Consider becoming a member of the Inner Core.
Core Guide – 7 Things You Need to Know About Marriage and Sex
Core Question – How Does the Church Relate to the Government?