Episode 337 Show Notes
From the Show
The United States is a kingdom that will fade away. But there is a kingdom that will never fade away. And we need to raise our eyes and set our hopes on that kingdom and bring as many people with us into that kingdom as the Lord allows.
Questions in this Episode
1. I have a question about 1 Corinthians 5:9. Paul says he wrote to the Corinthians an earlier letter, before the letter of 1 Corinthians. There are other places in Paul's letters where he seems to allude to other correspondence that has now been lost to time. My question is this: if this correspondence was ever discovered somewhere, and if it could be proven to be from the pen of Paul (assuming such were possible), would we be compelled to add these letters to our Bibles? My question is really about a larger question, I suppose: do we believe something is Scripture merely because an apostle wrote it, or do we believe it can be trusted as Scripture because God has also preserved it for the church to read?
2. I tend to struggle with how people could be 900 years old or Goliath actually 10 feet tall. I don't know if it’s a translation thing, but I struggle to believe some of it.
3. How do we know which Bible translation is the right one?
4. What did Jesus mean when he said, “you judge according to the flesh, I judge no one”?5. I’ve recently moved to a new city and am having a really hard time finding a new church. How do I know if I’m being too picky?
5. What does it mean to be filled with the Spirit?
Core Christianity: Finding Yourself in God's Story by Michael Horton
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
You probably have a friend or family member who has told the same story dozens of times, but somehow, each time, you are still interested...