Episode 730 Show Notes
From the Show
In 1st John, John is not trying to get the recipients of the letter to question their salvation and making sure they do x y and z and pass with flying colors. No, he says, “I want you to know that if you believe in Jesus Christ, if you are trusting in him for your salvation, you have eternal life.”
Questions in this Episode
- I work with first responders and sometimes they have to respond to tragic calls. There is not always a chaplain to help the community members, so what passages in scripture would you recommend first responders to share with people in those scenarios?
- In John 6:52-53, Jesus says talks about eating his flesh and drinking his blood. This doesn’t seem to be a metaphor, so why don’t you accept Jesus’s words here that this is “truly” my flesh and blood as his real presence in the eucharist?
- What are your thoughts about Christians working with their gay neighbors, how should we approach this?
- When I read all the evidences of fruit that Christians are supposed to have, I know I lack in them, so it causes me to worry if I’m saved. Should we examine the fruit in our lives this way?
- Are Christians allowed to drink alcohol?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Want to partner with us in our work here at Core Christianity? Consider becoming a member of the Inner Core.