Episode 690 Show Notes
From the Show
There is this relationship between the cup, this sign that God gives to us, and that which the sign signifies. It is so close, so tied together, that you could almost speak of them as one and the same. It does not mean the bread and wine are transforming into something they weren’t before, they’re still bread and wine, but through them we receive the body and blood of Jesus.
Questions in this Episode
- When God says in Genesis 1, “let us make man in our image,” who is the “us” that is being referred to here?
- If someone has ignored God their entire life and then are later diagnosed with dementia, is it too late for them to follow the Lord?
- If Jesus said “this is my body” and “this is my blood”, then why do we say the bread and wine are representations and symbols? Is salvation at stake if we misunderstand or misuse the Lord’s Supper?
- I carry a lot of bitterness from past pains and it creates anger which I seem to carry into all my relationships. How do I forgive and reconcile with people who are not aware or who don’t acknowledge the pain they have caused me?
- Why do pastors focus more on the writings of Paul in the Bible rather than the Gospels?
- Is there a difference at the resurrection for those who were buried or cremated?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Want to partner with us in our work here at Core Christianity? Consider becoming a member of the Inner Core.