Episode 724 Show Notes
From the Show
The sum of the Christian is this denial of self. And we do it because we have a savior who laid down his life for us. We do it in response to his great love. Jesus trains us to renounce ungodliness by the grace that he has given to us.
Questions in this Episode
- What does it mean that Jesus “emptied himself,” as Paul says in Philippians 2:7?
- There are so many different denominations, and even within those no one agrees on everything 100%. I am having anxiety about if I don’t agree with a certain pastor or elder about everything. Is this ok or what should we do when experiencing these tensions?
- In Luke 9:23, what does Jesus mean when he says that we must “deny ourselves” and “take up our cross”?
- It seems like Paul often refers to Jesus as “Lord” but he refers to the Father as “God.” Why doesn’t Paul explicitly refer to Jesus as “God”? John seems to make it clear that Jesus is God, but Paul doesn’t. Is there something special about the title “Lord,” and that is why he mainly calls Jesus “Lord”?
- For children who die in the womb, what is their status in heaven?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Want to partner with us in our work here at Core Christianity? Consider becoming a member of the Inner Core.