Episode 269 Show Notes
From the Show
If you belong to him, if you are one of his children, he never shows his wrath toward you. He will never ever show his wrath toward you…He’s not going to destroy you and your family and so forth. He’s not out to get you because you don’t spend enough time with him. God’s okay. You’re the one who needs time with him. And the reason you need time with him, is not so that you can rack up points and prove to yourself that you are a Christian. The reason you need to spend time with the Lord is because you need to understand from his word the gospel a lot better and more clearly who God is and what he has done for you in Jesus Christ.
— Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. I’m trying to do family devotions with my kids before bed time. Our oldest is 4 and our youngest is 2 and a half. Right now, all I can do is read a short passage, a few verses, and then say a short prayer. Should I be trying to do more? Do you have any advice?
2. I believe in God and I believe in Jesus. I don't feel saved. I know I trust God and Jesus but I'm not able to meet them on their terms. Can you help me?
3. A friend of mine recently asked me this question over coffee: “How do we explain why God commanded the slaughter of people in the Old Testament?” She is Christian and loves the Lord, but she is really struggling to understand this and I don’t know what to say to her. I appreciate any help you can give me.
4. How do you tap into the Holy Spirit's power? I truly feel a lot of defeat. I know that I’m forgiven but I feel back into sexual sin. Maybe I never renewed the mind. I want to get backed to where I used to be. I’m about to get a divorce. Is it that I don’t devote myself enough, is that why I’m suffering?
- 5 Ways To Help Your Kids Keep The Faith
- Andrew Menkis Is God A Genocidal Maniac?
- Adriel Sanchez Your Weaknesses Are Not A Problem For Jesus
- Michael Horton The Gospel Driven Life
- Matthew Barrett None Greater: The Undomesticated Attributes of God
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Dr. Michael Horton explains the difference between God's grace poured out in Christ to save and the response to that grace of obeying God's law and...