Episode 505 Show Notes
From the Show
A lot of times people think, “I want to believe in Jesus so that I can go to heaven when I die.” They view heaven as this sort of end-all, but the reality is heaven–just being separated from our bodies–is not the hope of the Christian faith. One of the reasons Jesus rose again was to give us the hope of the resurrection, that our bodies that are broken down right now and succumb to sickness, weakness, and the coronavirus, things like that. Well, one day, they are going to be incorruptible and glorified. That is such an amazing thing for us to look forward to.
Questions in this Episode
1. Can a Christian get their faith back after losing it?
2. Truthfulness is an important matter. No one wants to believe in something that is not true. How can we defend and proclaim the truthfulness of our Christian faith and the Bible?
3. In 1 Corinthians 11:34—35, it says women must be silent in the churches. This verse just really bothered me when I first read it. I know Paul is speaking to the Corinthian church, but I was wondering if you could clear this up?
4. When Christians die, do we remain “asleep” until the glorious return of our Savior, Jesus, or do we go to heaven to be with Him immediately upon our death? It seems to me like the Bible teaches both.
5. As I was reading the book of Mark I noticed that it said 16:9—20 is not included in some of the earliest manuscripts. What do you think of this section? Is this an important piece of scripture that we must read?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.