Episode 407 Show Notes
From the Show
There is in Islam no distinction between and Old and a New Covenant but there is in the Bible. So, anyone who is invoking passages of Holy War in the Old Covenant for today is against Jesus Christ. Where as anyone who is invoking those passages about killing the infidels is actually invoking a passage that many muslims believe is for today. That's the difference.
Questions in this Episode
1. When you become a believer, are we to pursue a separate baptism of the Holy Spirit? Is tongues for today and how do you understand Paul having an entire chapter on how to use tongues properly if it’s not for today?
2. I've never understood 1 John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness." Do we have to keep confessing every individual sin in order to be forgiven?
3. Is Islam a religion of peace?
4. How do you understand John 12:23–33? Was Jesus talking about the cross or his later ascension?
5. Do you have any advice for those of us who trust in Christ but still struggle with assurance? I know intellectually that God loves me, and I’m saved, but I still feel an anxiety that maybe I’m wrong and that I’m not chosen.
The Gospel-Driven Life: Being Good News People in a Bad News World by Michael Horton
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.