Episode 437 Show Notes
Note: In today's show, we announced an upcoming change to our show. Read more about it here.
From the Show
We are going to be busy with the things of the Lord, serving him in pure joy and fellowship and worship. Exactly what that's going to look like, I'm not entirely sure, but I know it's going to be greater than anything we could ever imagine. And that's what we have to look forward to.
Questions in this Episode
1. My question is about Paul teaching on praying in the Spirit. Near as I can figure, it's not praying in tongues. They are a gift and not everyone has the same gifts, so, can you explain what praying in the Spirit is, and, better yet, how to do it? I feel like I'm missing something here, or I'm misunderstanding the text. Can you help me to understand this way to pray? Paul said it was necessary to overcome the attacks of the evil ones if i understand him correctly.
2. I listened to you guys every day. Just want to thank you for the job you guys do. I do have a question. I have a friend who's a Mormon, another friend who's a Jehovah's Witness, and I know that they believe some things that run contrary to the Bible, I'm just wondering how I can use their own literature, their own books, their own material, to proclaim the true gospel of Christ.
3. Is it normal for a Christian to worry and about their eternity? I believe in Christ’s death for my sins but honestly I still worry. And therefore I question my salvation.
4. Will we have work or vocations in heaven?
5. My question is about the blaspheming of the Holy Spirit. I was wondering if you could touch on the fact of what that entails, and if it's possible that somebody can be guilty of that. I had a voice in my head that was accusing me of blaspheming. And I haven't really talked to anybody that has a solid answer for me. So I was wondering if you could touch upon that. Thank you very much.
Core Christianity: Finding Yourself in God's Story by Michael Horton
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.