Episode 200 Show Notes
Is It Okay for Christians to Celebrate the Old Testament Jewish Feasts?
From the Show
Is it okay for a Christian to celebrate the Jewish Feasts of the Old Testament?
I think, especially for Jewish friends that I know, they would perhaps think, “what is a Christian doing? Are they trying to infiltrate, trying to turn this into a Christian event? What are they doing here, is this a mockery of our faith?” So, you might find that it's actually not honoring to Jewish people, at least some Jewish people might take offense at a Christian presuming to engage in these feasts and thereby honor the Jewish people. I think they might say, “well, honor us by letting us celebrate our feasts and you celebrate yours and we could still be friends.”
There's one feast now; it's the feast of the Lord's day, it's the feast of word and sacrament, the feast of his body and blood given for us. Jesus said, “this is my body broken for you, my blood shed for you.” This is really the fulfillment of all of the Old Testament feasts. John's Gospel is great at this...it goes through the feasts. John doesn't tell the story of Jesus chronologically, as Matthew, Mark, and Luke do, he tells the story of the gospel around the Jewish feasts, showing how all the feasts really point to Jesus. — Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. Can Christians be demon possessed? How do you know if someone is demon possessed and if they are what should we do about it?
2. Is it okay for a Christian to celebrate the Jewish Feasts of the Old Testament?
3. The letters to the 7 churches in Revelation sound really works based. How does this fit with grace?
4. In Matthew 5, Jesus says that the law will not pass away until it’s fulfilled. What does he mean by this?
5. I had a friend who died as a Mormon. I want to know if he will be in heaven.
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Episode 212 | Dr. Michael Horton and Adriel Sanchez answer questions on ministering to others, the armor of God, and what the Bible says about hunting....
Episode 211 | Dr. Michael Horton and Adriel Sanchez answer questions on where the Bible came from, annihilationism, and if grace allows people to sin.