Episode 837 Show Notes
From the Show
I realize that some people are critical of the articulation of the faith in things like the Nicene Creed, especially as it describes the relationship of the persons of the holy trinity. Some say that we don’t need these creeds and that we should use the Bible alone. But even during the time of the Protestant Reformation, the Reformers, who wanted to stick with the scriptures and recover faithful bible-teaching, they didn’t jettison the early creeds of the church. They bolstered them and held them as biblical.
Questions in this Episode
- I am following up on what you said about “not forsaking the assembly” in Hebrews 10. I want to go to church, but what if you are crippled and can’t get to a church on your own and no one seems to want anything to do with you? I love the Lord but I have no one who wants to pick me up and take me to church.
- I would like to ask a question about some of the recent statements by Owen Strachan on the trinity. He says that the Son if Eternally Subordinate to the Father, not just submissive to the Father in his earthly ministry. What do you think?
- How do I parent my adult children while respecting their boundaries?
- Why should we bother praying if God is sovereign over everything?
- I notice that people who practice witchcraft or play with ouija boards seem to get answers to their questions almost immediately. But when I pray, it seems as though I don’t get answers by God until months, sometimes years later. Why is that?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Want to partner with us in our work here at Core Christianity? Consider becoming a member of the Inner Core.
Core Question – How Do I Live the Christian Life?
Core Christianity: Finding Yourself in God’s Story by Dr. Michael Horton
Core Question – Can the Devil Read My Mind?