Episode 356 Show Notes
From the Show
My heart melts when I read the story of Jesus with the woman at the well in John 4. Here’s a woman with quite the past. Several different lovers, and yet Jesus goes out of his way to minister to her, to pursue her, and he pursued us. We are all sinners, and I think where it gets tricky though I when a sin struggle hasn’t been put to death. Someone whom Christ has delivered from a particular habit, let’s say drinking too much, is different from someone who is still enslaved to alcohol. If this person you’re interested in is still engaging in behavior that isn’t honoring to Jesus, then it’s not the right decision to try and date them. It sounds like that’s not the case here though. So, I don’t think there is anything keeping you from being with this person so long as he is a Christian.
Questions in this Episode
1. What’s the difference between Christianity and other religions? Why can you say we don’t worship the same God?
2. Would it be a bad idea to date this guy who has a past? He mentioned that before he became a Christian, he was having sex with other girls and was drinking a lot. He says that God has delivered him from that. Is it a bad thing to want to be with him if I know that God has forgiven him? I was hoping to get your thoughts on that.
3. What is Jeremiah referring to when he talks about the “great and unsearchable things”?
4. How can I figure out my spiritual gift so I can become more of a blessing to my church?
5. How important is it for a Christian to have powerful experiences of God working in their lives?
Core Christianity: Finding Yourself in God's Story by Michael Horton
Knowing God by J. I. Packer
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.