Episode 526 Show Notes
From the Show
If Peter, the Rock, can struggle with the same thing for years—even after he has sat in the presence of Jesus, even after Jesus has cooked him breakfast on the beach and restored him—if Peter can still struggle years later with the fear of man, who are we to think we that we are not going to struggle in the Christian life, and sometimes, even with the same sins?
Questions in this Episode
1. What is the second death talked about in Revelation? If there is a second death, would it follow that there is a first death and a first resurrection? How can this be explained?
2. Where was Adam when Eve was being deceived?
3. If a mother committed sexual sins while her child was growing up and later repents, will those consequences still have an effect on her adult daughter now? David was forgiven, but none of his children went to heaven according to the Bible. Was it because of the consequences of his sin of murder and adultery?
4. A visiting preacher said in his sermon that if we continue committing the same sin over and over, that our salvation should be in question. This struck me as being wrong biblically, but I could not come up with a specific passage of scripture as to why. Was this person correct in telling us this?
5. When it comes to fighting addictions, what role does our willpower play in our restoration? Does it play any role? Or is the work all God’s?
Addictions: A Banquet in the Grave by Ed Welch
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Want to partner with us in our work here at Core Christianity? Consider becoming a member of the Inner Core.