Episode 338 Show Notes
From the Show
A soulmate is someone who can not only meet all your need but almost anticipate them before you even are aware of them: someone to be your best friend and your co-parent and sometimes your business partner and your lover, and basically your savior…That’s a job description that no one can actually fulfill.
Questions in this Episode
1. What is a soul mate and what’s wrong with that idea?
2. Talk to a marriage counselor and they will tell you that worse than anger or guilt is marriage is weariness. That’s when a relationship is really on the rocks, when you’re too tired to fight, or no longer see the point of another attempt at rapprochement.
3. I know that it’s important to continue dating your spouse, but our children have been getting into lots of trouble at school and my husband and I can’t find the time because we are constantly worried about leaving them without supervision?
4. This is something you wrote that to many in our audience may sound strange at first: “Real love is not something we decide on. Nor is it something we earn. Love is more than something we fall into; it’s something we fail into. What sounds like the more tragic view of life is actually a starting point for compassion, forgiveness, and joy.” What do you mean by failing into love?
5. You write that the parenting section of a bookstore resembles the religious section. How so?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Q1. What are the biggest challenges facing the church today? The greatest challenge always facing the church is whether it will preach the gospel. Not...