Episode 621 Show Notes
From the Show
We have to recognize the genre of scripture we are looking at. Oftentimes in prophetic literature there are visions that are given to us that are symbolic of something else. You see this throughout Revelation. What are the Seven Lampstands in Revelation? They’re seven churches. In prophetic literature you have symbols and stories that are meant to demonstrate a greater reality.
Questions in this Episode
1. I am a family man and a faithful member at my church. However, I have lingering feelings of discontentment in my life. Because of this I then find myself feeling guilty that I am not always fully and completely satisfied with the blessings I have—I want to be grateful and thank the Lord for every good blessing, but it really seems difficult for me. How should I think about contentment and my everyday life?
2. What role does repentance play in our salvation?
3. How do I apply 2 Corinthians 5:21 in my day to day life knowing that I am forgiven but I still sin? How does God view me?
4. I am wondering if Ezekiel’s vision of the Valley of Dry Bones in Ezekiel 37 is literal or something that is figurative?
5. When Jesus came into Jerusalem and the crowd was cheering and singing “Hosanna in the highest” what exactly did they understand about Jesus when they were singing this?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Want to partner with us in our work here at Core Christianity? Consider becoming a member of the Inner Core.
Devoted to God: Blueprints for Sanctification by Sinclair B. Ferguson