Episode 359 Show Notes
From the Show
A miracle is a direct intervention of God suspending ordinary laws. You can’t set up laws, even prayer and say that God is bound to them…To say that if we have enough faith it's going to happen is to dishonor both God and the sufferer.
Questions in this Episode
1. I have a brother in law who is a preacher and he heads up a ministry of healing. He is really into healing words and Scripture. He has gone through a major operation for his heart and he is a little depressed and wonders why he wasn’t healed. I know that the Bible teaches that not everyone is healed. But they say that if you really, truly believe then your prayers will be answered. I’m wondering about it too. I would appreciate any insight.
2. I recently had a conversation with a coworker about how she's a Christian who believes in purgatory. My understanding of purgatory is that it's a Catholic belief and not biblical at all. Her argument is that God will provide a resting place before we go to Heaven. I got a little confused, especially remembering the Scripture in Luke where it says we will die one death and then there's judgement. Would you be able to clarify this for me?
3. What does it mean when Paul speaks about us being, "raised up with Christ”?
4. Is it possible to be angry but no be in sin?
5. Should Christians observe Jewish holidays and festivals like Hanukkah and Passover?
A Place for Weakness: Preparing Yourself for Suffering by Michael Horton
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Episode 353 | Dr. Michael Horton and Adriel Sanchez answer questions about taking Holy Communion, praying to Jesus, preaching the gospel, and Christ’s transfiguration.