Episode 653 Show Notes
From the Show
Paul is talking about church discipline, where the church is assembled together to deal with sin in its community. The goal of church discipline is restorative. Delivering someone over to Satan is a way of saying, “ok, hands off, do your own thing, because you are going to begin to reap what you have sown.”
Questions in this Episode
- 1. Is there a problem with Christians being cremated?
2. How should Christians think through climate change and things like Earth Day?
3. In 1 Timothy 1:20, Paul tells Timothy that he has handed certain people over to Satan for blasphemy. What does that mean? If he loved them why would he hand them over to Satan? Does he trust that he will get them back? I am really confused about this verse.
4. Does Hebrews 6 teach that true believers can fall away from Christ?
5. Who wrote the bible and where did it come from?
6. How should Christians think about social justice?
More Than a Carpenter by Josh McDowell
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Want to partner with us in our work here at Core Christianity? Consider becoming a member of the Inner Core.