Episode 785 Show Notes
From the Show
In Genesis 3:15, we hear that mankind is essentially going to be saved through childbearing. The seed of the woman is going to crush the head of the serpent. And the seed of the woman is Jesus Christ through whom we have salvation.
Questions in this Episode
- I agree with 1 Timothy 3 where Paul says women should refrain from being elders and pastors in the church, but I am wondering if this means women should also avoid going to seminary?
- In 1 Timothy 2:15, Paul says, “Yet she will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith and love and holiness, with self-control.” Surely women aren’t saved this way, what does Paul mean here?
- My church is going through Luke. And this past week the passage on Luke 5:39 really stumped me. What does the new wine and old wine and new garments and old garments represent?
- Are Christians required to speak in tongues?
- In my city, some people are saying that they are the “true Israelites” and they are condemning other ethnic groups. My question is, is the church the true spiritual Israel?
- Follow up about speaking in tongues: my friend who is a preacher says that the original greek in John 3 teaches that the baptism of the Holy Spirit means that we have to speak in tongues. How would you respond to that?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Want to partner with us in our work here at Core Christianity? Consider becoming a member of the Inner Core.