Episode 40 Show Notes
What Happens to People Who Die Before Jesus Returns?
From the Show
I’m trying to get back to the basics of Christianity. As I’m going through this time and rethinking my faith. What advice do you have about what I should focus on?
We know God only in and through Jesus Christ. We behold the glorious face of God in the face of Christ. Jesus said to Philip when Philip said "show us the Father.” “Philip, don't you realize the Father and I are one? He who has seen me has seen the Father."
Scripture says that all roads lead to Jesus. Jesus, in fact, said after his resurrection in Luke 24 that all the Bible is about him. He told the Pharisees the same thing in John 5. Especially focus on those truths that lead to Jesus Christ, and from Jesus Christ fan out into all the other great truths of Scripture. Those are the most important things.
— Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. I’m trying to get back to the basics of Christianity. As I’m going through this time and rethinking my faith. What advice do you have about what I should focus on?
2. What does Paul mean in the book of Colossians when he says that our life is "hidden with Christ in God?"
3. How do you understand Jeremiah 13:16? It says, “Give glory to the LORD your God before he brings the darkness, before your feet stumble on the darkening hills. You hope for light, but he will turn it to utter darkness and change it to deep gloom.”
4. What happens to people who die before Jesus returns? Do they go to heaven or does their soul sleep until the resurrection?
5. How can we learn to love God’s law without falling into the trap of legalism?
6. What do you think is a good devotional pattern for someone to start with who hasn’t really read much of the Bible?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.