Episode 125 Show Notes
What Is The Spirit of the Antichrist?
From the Show
What is the spirit of the antichrist?
The spirit of antichrist [is] anyone or anything that preaches against Christ Jesus, or even just leaves him out of the picture or preaches a different version of Christ. Specifically, in 1st John 4, it's the heresy of what's called Docetism, the idea that Jesus only appeared to be human. The problem that most Jews had was not accepting Jesus’ humanity, but his deity. The problem that most Greeks had was not accepting his deity, but his humanity. So, John is saying that these are antichrists. We shouldn't merely look for some figure in the future, he says many antichrists are already in the world. — Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. Is there a place for self-defense as a Christian, or must we always turn the other cheek?
2. Is obedience necessary for salvation?
3. In Ephesians 2:19, Paul says that we are no longer “strangers and aliens,” but in 1
Peter 2:11, Peter writes to Christians “as strangers and sojourners.” Do both apostles
confuse the identity of the Christian?
4. If Jesus is the forgiver of sins, why does he say in John 20:23, “If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you withhold forgiveness from any, it is withheld"?
5. What is the spirit of the antichrist?
6. How do you know if a teaching is a false gospel?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.