Episode 306 Show Notes
From the Show
It's important to know that believers can't be possesed by Satan or demons. We can be oppressed but not possessed. We're indwelt by the Holy Spirit and he won't ever allow a demonic tennant in his house.
Questions in this Episode
1. I’m wondering how I should understand Genesis 1-3. I heard that some people think that it is just a myth, and that Adam and Even didn’t really exist but instead the fall was just a symbol of how we all sometimes fail to do good when presented with the choice of evil. I would like to hear your thoughts on this and how we should think of Genesis as Christians.
2. I have been reading a lot of Navy seal books and those guys are really driven. It makes me want to do some great accomplishment which isn't sinful necessarily. There is a line, I guess. I feel like God is kind of a kill joy and makes me not want to—and his will is that I can’t work at the things I want to do because those are worldly things and selfish and not necessarily glorifying to him, in my head, meaning as I pursue them.
3. The book of John talks about Jesus saying, “ask and it will be given you”. If that’s true, then why do I have so many unanswered prayers?
4. When someone claims to have become a Christian, how do we know that they are genuine in their conversion?
5. What should I do if I’m experiencing a demonic attack?
Putting Amazing Back into Grace: Embracing the Heart of the Gospel by Michael Horton
The Gospel-Driven Life: Being Good News People in a Bad News World by Michael Horton
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
But there was something that scared Paul more than painful beatings and long imprisonments. Paul was concerned that the fear of more suffering might hinder...