Episode 340 Show Notes
From the Show
All good gifts come from the Father in the Son by the Spirit. So, the Father is always the origin. The Son is always the mediator in whom things are done. And the Holy Spirit is the one who empowers us to respond appropriately to what the Father has done for us in the Son.
Questions in this Episode
1. I have a question about the creation story. When we look at Colossians 1:16 it says, “for in him all things were created,” referring to Jesus the Son. How do we as Christian come to understand that because when we look at the Genesis story its understood that it’s the Father who is doing the creating? How do we make sense of that? Is it Jesus who is actually doing the creating or the Father?
2. In Isaiah 6:9 does it refer to Jesus when it says, ‘Everlasting Father.’ How is it that Jesus is spoken of as a father when he didn’t have any children and he is normally portrayed as the Son of God and not the Father?
3. What does it mean to be “justified by faith”?
4. What does Isaiah Chapter 55 Verse 11 mean?
5. What does it mean when the bible talks about mankind, “judging Angels”?
Knowing God by J. I. Packer
Core Christianity: Finding Yourself in God's Story by Michael Horton
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.