Episode 716 Show Notes
From the Show
Initially, Jacob probably thinks that he is wrestling with his brother Esau. The context here is that Jacob is about to meet Esau again and he is terrified. But he realizes after the sun starts to rise that this isn’t Esau. It’s the Angel of the Lord.
Questions in this Episode
- What is theological liberalism?
- Is God’s love conditional in some way?
- How are those with mental illness judged?
- Why is Bartimaeus, the blind man the Jesus heals, named in the Gospels and other people Jesus healed not named? Is there some special about Bartimaeus?
- In Genesis 32 it says that Jacob was wrestling with God and saw his face, but in John chapter 1 it says no one has seen the face of God but Jesus. How do you make sense of that?
- Why isn’t David’s practice of polygamy condemned in the Bible?
CHRIST AND CALAMITY: GRACE AND GRATITUDE IN THE DARKEST VALLEY
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Want to partner with us in our work here at Core Christianity? Consider becoming a member of the Inner Core.