Episode 267 Show Notes
From the Show
The Corinthian Church was not only tolerating but glorying in sins that are an offense to God and even to the world. This guy is sleeping with his step mother. They think it’s fine because they are free in Christ. So, it’s kind of like, “I like to sin. God likes to forgive. This is a perfect relationship.” It’s a church without any discipline. So, Paul says that...he has pronounced this person judged. In other words, it’s a formal excommunication. That means literally barred from communion, both the Lord’s table and the communion and fellowship of the church, until he repents.
— Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. I’m at a new church where they recite the Lord’s prayer in the service. I have never been to a church that recited prayers. I would love to hear your thoughts about this.
2. Lately I’ve really been making the extra effort to control my lust issues. Even to the point of refusing to watch certain TV shows and deleting my Instagram. But all the girls in my youth group at church are super-hot. I’m really trying here but I feel like no matter how hard I try, there’s no escaping it. What do I do?
3. I'm a devoted Christian but I don't attend church. My husband fell away and I attend church in secret. I’m really struggling with this and want to be faithful and go to church but some people have advised me that if church is going to cause problems in the home then I should be faithful at home and try to be a Christian without going to church. I know that we are not supposed to forsake the fellowship of believers, but I know that I’m also supposed to submit to my husband.
4. What is happening 1 Corinthians 5:5 when Paul tells the church to deliver a man to Satan for the destruction of his flesh, so that his spirit may be saved?
- J.I. Packer What is the Lord's Supper?
- Eric Landry Why is the Church So Messed Up?
- J. D. Greear How Do You Know If You Have Saving Faith?
- Matthew Barrett None Greater: The Undomesticated Attributes of God
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.