Episode 305 Show Notes
From the Show
First of all, I think we have to take stock of the fact that we’re so fallen. We’re so idolatrous that our hearts are so bent in on ourselves that it’s not really a matter even of having the right information, though that’s of course crucial. It’s that whatever information we have, even that’s true, we twist it and distort it and turn it into something else. So, we need a rescue. That’s the bottom line. Christianity can’t save us either. We’re not saved by belonging to the right religion. We are saved by a rescue operation that is only announced in the gospel.
Questions in this Episode
1. Will good people who practice other religions also be saved?
2. I have a question about Melchizedek. Can you elaborate his significance and relation to Jesus?
3. Will there be a future mass salvation of Abraham’s descendants?
4. In John 16:25 Jesus speaks about the hour when he will no longer speak in figures of speech but will speak plainly about the Father. How should this shape the way we interpret Jesus’ words in other places of the Bible?
5. Is it sinful to doubt God’s existence?
6. When Jesus tells us to love our enemies, does that include people who haven’t repented?
Putting Amazing Back into Grace: Embracing the Heart of the Gospel by Michael Horton
The Gospel-Driven Life: Being Good News People in a Bad News World by Michael Horton
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.