Episode 512 Show Notes
From the Show
God is perfectly fair in his judgment. No one is going to go to hell and say, “That was not fair.” Not once God reveals everything…Like the Psalmist says, “If you, O Lord, should mark iniquities, who could stand?” All of us need God’s grace and forgiveness…That’s why we need Jesus our advocate, the one who paid for our sins. So it really drives us to the gospel and the forgiveness we find in Christ.
Questions in this Episode
1. Why do Christians argue about the gift of speaking in tongues, saying that you don’t have to speak in tongues to have the Spirit? Scripture clearly teaches that we cry, “Abba Father” when we have the gift of the Spirit. Can you explain that?
2. I heard Adriel state that church pastors or ministers “must be above reproach”in reference to why pastors or ministers cannot be gay. But isn’t it true that none of us are above reproach?
3. Are there different levels of punishment in hell? Along with that, was hell created only for Satan? I know I am thinking of human fairness. If God is just, will everyone feel the judgment they receive is fair?
4. What’s the difference between the soul and the spirit? They are always talked about as being separate and different. I would like to hear a definition.
5. What does it mean to abide in Christ? How can I tell if I am abiding in Christ? What does it look like today?
Respectable Sins: Confronting the Sins We Tolerate by Jerry Bridges
Journeys with Jesus: Every Path in the Bible Leads Us to Christ by Dennis Johnson
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
From Today’s Show:
Eugene Bostick’s Dog Train. Read more about it here.