Episode 734 Show Notes
From the Show
Remember that the church did not decide upon the canon of scripture, but the church received it. Some of the criteria to discern if these writings are inspired by God are 1) Catholicity, did the entire church accept these writings? 2) Apostolicity, were they written firsthand by Jesus’s apostles, and 3) Antiquity, how old are the letters?
Are the Stories of Jesus in the Gospel of Thomas True?
Questions in this Episode
- If God cannot be in the presence of sin, why is Satan allowed to stand in God’s presence in the book of Job?
- Do you know anything about the supposed letters about Jesus’s childhood? These stories are from other Gospels not in the Bible, and in them, Jesus’s father, Joseph, tells Jesus to stop using his powers because he was making living sparrows out of clay. What do you think of these stories?
- God tells us not to lie or bear false witness, but isn’t this what Moses does when he tricks Pharoah in Exodus 5?
- An atheist friend of mine is getting a heart defibrillator put in and I am wondering if God blesses those who do not believe in him? If I prayed for him would God bless his health procedure?
- I noticed in Luke 15-16 that Jesus says Satan inflicted an individual with a disease. How do we know when Satan is the one inflicting illnesses and which ones come about through other means?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Want to partner with us in our work here at Core Christianity? Consider becoming a member of the Inner Core.