Episode 780 Show Notes
From the Show
We pray. We take up the sword of the Spirit as Paul says in Ephesians 6. That doesn’t mean that there are not good reasons for governments to intervene and fight back and seek to pursue the safety of the innocent. But never do you see the disciples taking up swords and fighting back in the face of persecution.
Can Christians Kill in Self-Defense?
Questions in this Episode
- When we stand before the Lord at the judgment, will all of our iniquities and sin be broadcast for all to see?
- We hear that currently in Afghanistan, Christians could possibly be killed. My question is: In such a situation, what is the Biblical view of attempting to defend oneself? Is it a sin to kill people who are trying to kill you?
- People seem to be afraid about being in “the last days.” Are there any passages you recommend us looking at?
- There are a lot of different religions in the world. From Judaism, Hinduism, Jehovah’s Witness, etc. Because these religions do not recognize Jesus as the Son of God, does that mean their adherents will not be in heaven?
- In Romans 6, it says that Christians are supposed to be “dead to sin.” But I still struggle with habitual sins that I have not been able to completely leave behind. This makes me doubt the assurance of my salvation and wonder if I really am saved.
How Do We Know That Christianity is Really True? by Chris Morphew
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Want to partner with us in our work here at Core Christianity? Consider becoming a member of the Inner Core.