Episode 19 Show Notes
From the Show
How Does God Use Churches to Bless People?
Christ has promised to be with the church and to speak through His Word, and he uses the church to minister to us, to nourish us in our faith. So maybe, you know, if you're in a situation that's abusive, or tactics of coercion and whatnot, that's not the right church to be in. But you need to be in a place where the Word of Christ is being taught, where they're faithful pastors who care about the sheep and are ministering to the sheep. This is what Jesus intends for each of us as Christians. And so, if you've been hurt by the church, if you've been distant from a congregation because of your experience, don't throw in the towel. —Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. How should we pray for our good while it not becoming a selfish prayer?
2. What do you think is more important for a church, good preaching or heartfelt worship?
3. In Psalm 101:5 it says, “Whoever slanders his neighbor secretly I will destroy.” What is the difference between slander and gossip? Does this apply to gossip?
4. How do you think God uses church to be a blessing in people’s lives? Do you think this is a good reason to be part of a church?
5. What do you think about music in worship? Should we sing hymns or contemporary songs?
6. What does the Bible mean when it calls Jesus the mediator?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.