Episode 749 Show Notes
From the Show
The Sabbath is the rest of God given to the people of God. When Jesus came to earth, he promised to give us that rest. He said in Matthew 11, “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” The ultimate true Sabbath rest comes in and through Jesus Christ.
Is Saturday or Sunday the Sabbath?
Questions in this Episode
- In a previous episode someone asked about Isaiah 53 as it relates to sickness and healing. But how do we understand Matthew 8:15-16 in regards to our physical health because in that passage Jesus is quoting from Isaiah 53?
- My wife and I were praying so that we could buy a home and we ended up closing on a home really smoothly. However, we keep uncovering more and more problems with the house now living here for 3 or 4 months. We prayed that God would prevent us from being able to buy the house if there were things wrong with it, and he didn’t do that and there are a number of issues with the home. So how should we think about this house now? Is it really the blessing we prayed for?
- If God made everything good, where did evil come from?
- I have heard from some Christians that even though Jesus rose from the grave on Sunday that this doesn’t change the day of the Sabbath. Is that true?
- I feel as if many of today’s churches give the entirety of their attention to Jesus and Jesus alone. And while I completely and fully accept Jesus’ rightful and truthful claim as Divine, my question is, how are we as Christians to properly appropriate the persons of God – Father, Son & Holy Spirit – in our daily walk, particularly with regard to worship, prayer and when encountering the very presence of God?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.
Want to partner with us in our work here at Core Christianity? Consider becoming a member of the Inner Core.