Episode 47 Show Notes
How Does the Cross Fit with Jesus' Desire to Bring the Kingdom?
From the Show
How does the cross fit with Jesus' desire to bring the kingdom?
The cross is the way Christ dethrones the reign of death. If we just don't think that death, sin, hell, Satan, are really bigger than any problems that we read about in the newspaper or see on the evening news then we really won't understand what the kingdom of God is. Only when we think Christ's kingdom is something other than the forgiveness of sins, something other than regeneration, something other than being united to Christ, when we start seeing it as sort of improving society, or transforming the world, or making us a better “we,” does it look like he failed by being crucified. — Michael Horton
Questions in this Episode
1. How can I best serve God in retirement?
2. How can we balance God’s love for sinners and God’s hatred of sin?
3. Does David's confession in Psalm 51, "Against you, you only, have I sinned," minimize the sin against Bathsheba and Uriah?
4. How does the cross fit with Jesus' desire to bring the kingdom?
5. What place does a small church have in fulfilling God’s Great Commission?
Request our latest special offers here or call 1-833-THE-CORE (833-843-2673) to request them by phone.